Be blessed with healing in your body, mind, and spirit. May your seizures be quieted.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Positive Connections...

A review of my and Jeff Underwood's book, "The Color Of Seizures" appears with a link on Facebook.

I am honored to read the wonderful book which Jeff and I present to those challenged by PNES as well as their loved ones.

Lorna Myers, Ph.D. was the voice that first spoke to me of PNES. At the opening page of the website, nonepilepticseizures.com the reader is greeted in such a positive way..

PNES
Psychological Non Epileptic Seizures
Illuminating, Helping, Empowering

Meet Dr. Myers:
"For over ten years, I have had the opportunity to work with persons diagnosed with PNES. My career started out when I completed a Ph.D. in clinical psychology.  However once that was done, I realized I needed to understand the brain as well as the mind.  So, I applied to and was accepted to a two-year postdoctoral program in neuropsychology of epilepsy in New York City.  It was during those two years that I encountered an amazing group of patients who were diagnosed with PNES and my years of training all came together. Soon after a colleague and I put together an educational and treatment program and wrote up our early findings and case studies.  Since that time, I moved on to a large epilepsy center (Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group) where I have had the chance to work with countless PNES patients, refining my understanding and treatment approaches.  More recently, our PNES Treatment Program has made important contributions to the understanding of PNES in the professional field through research on the neuropsychology and psychology of non-epileptic seizures."

 Read "The Color Of Seizures," but before you do... Connect to that very positive review at You'll find it in the blog section.   Review of "The Color Of Seizures"

Thank you for reading us!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment